Friday, February 25, 2011

legends: february.

the book legends by john miller catalogs "women who have changed the world."  given to me as a gift 8 years ago, it inspired me to dedicate the last friday of every month's post to a different legend (in my humble opinion).

this month's legend is the queen of domesticity: martha stewart.  love her or hate her (i happen to fall in the "love" category), you have to be impressed with martha's story, from a mother who started selling baked goods to neighbors to all that martha stewart omnimedia now encompasses.  it may not have always been a smooth ride, but at the end of the day she is a great strong female figure,  of which we could always use more.


we all know what martha looks like now, right?  so i'm shaking it up a little and showing you a side of her many have never seen: did you know martha modeled to put herself through college?!  here's the proof: 


"all the things i love is what my business is all about."


 "i think it's very important that whatever you're trying to make or sell, or teach has to be basically good.  
a bad product and you know what?  you won't be here in ten years."


 "when you're through changing, you're through."


 

"without an open-minded mind, you can never be a great success."

{original cover from "Entertaining," martha's first book, published in 1982}

martha.  she's "a good thing."

xo. di.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! :) And I really do love Martha Stewart - her quest for perfection is so inspiring, and her brand is ever-expanding and ever-changing. It's really so incredible, to see just how savvy she was in starting her business and creating this mega-brand. So glad to see her featured here today as the first "legend" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not gonna lie...I love martha stewart too! haha
    And these photos are really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew that about Martha Stewart! The photos of her are so lovely!
    http://www.stylethroughhereyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that last picture! what a cutiepie!

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I'm loving these pictures! She's gorgeous and I wish I was half as much of a domestic whiz as she is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats so funny, I blogged about Martha's modeling days too! And here I thought I couldn't love the woman any more than I already do...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Martha! She's definitely a legend in my book. She created her business (and brand) from the ground up... always something to admire!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for the note! i love reading your comments. xo. di.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

design + development by fabulous k