Sunday, April 25, 2010

grateful: week 1.

inspired by my current reading of the happiness project by gretchen rubin, i am instituting sunday "gratitude" posts.  since gretchen is a published author and i am clearly not, i'll let her explain this one:

"gratitude is important to happiness.  studies show that consistently grateful people are happier and more satisfied with their lives; they even feel more physically healthy and spend more time exercising.  [good to know - Ed.]  Gratitude brings freedom from envy, because when you're grateful for what you have, you're not consumed with wanting something different or something more..." ~p. 202

"...But I find it hard to stay in a grateful frame of mind - I take things for granted, I forget what other people have done for me, I have high expectations." ~p. 203

as gretchen did, to help cure this, on sundays i will list "3 things i'm grateful for" from the previous week.  get on without already you say?!  ok, ok!

1) little j being back in town this weekend and the return of "rehash last night" sundays.  BEST.

2) all the tulips on my street are in full bloom.  

3)  my friend l made me dinner on friday night, just because :)


xo. di.

4 comments:

  1. Your street looks gorgeous! I like the Sunday gratitude posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I just finished up a Grateful series on my blog today. I did it each day following the alphabet. I'm going to have to figure out how to continue - I liked it so much!
    check it out here:
    http://ashleightimchenko.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Alphabet%20Series%20-%20Things%20I%27m%20Grateful%20For


    Lovely blog - count me as a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad you like! and your grateful idea is fantastic. just start all over again ;)

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for the note! i love reading your comments. xo. di.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

design + development by fabulous k